Tuesday 17 March 2015

Custom Google web searches for Galaxy help

Google can be a great tool when searching for help with deploying or developing software. However in specific case of Galaxy, searching  the whole of the web can also throw up a lot of unrelated hits (such as astrophysics, or tablet products, to take two examples). I learned recently though that there are now a few custom Google searches available which can help narrow the results.

The full set of searches can be accessed via


with the most useful for me being the "Galaxy Admin & Development" subsearch at http://galaxyproject.org/search/getgalaxy/

I haven't used them extensively yet but the couple of searches I've tried have been encouragingly relevant. So hopefully these will help me avoid stellar aggregates and mobile phones in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment